My friend Alex King, former co-worker at elephant journal, recently made the leap from Boulder to Los Angeles. His first video about his new home (click on that link or the image above to watch it) is full of the texture and buzz of soaking in a new location, during that invaluable time when you’re not quite a local, but much more than a visitor. The experience of waking up in a new context—or even waking up in the same room you’ve seen every morning for years and suddenly thinking, “This is where I live.” Everything makes an impression.
Merete MuellerI'm a writer and editor, and also a collector—of other people's kitchens, of heirloom recipes, of family secrets, and stories of all kinds. Read more about current and past projects here.
Why Bones?“To the Bones” is an experiment in shedding the excess padding that keeps me comfortable—whether that means turning off the AC and opening the windows, making from scratch instead of buying at the store, or looking someone in the eye when I don’t have (or don’t want or don’t know if it’ll help to) spare change. This blog is a celebration of scaling back—just enough to appreciate everything that I do have. Which turns out to be a lot. It’s a challenge to feel the world down to my bones, and document others doing the same. Read more about the cross-desert roadtrip that inspired the blog here.
- @AnnMarieDusseau Thank you! Looking forward to connecting. 6 days ago
- RT @improvised_life: Einstein on Why We Are Alive: 'to create satisfaction for ourselves and for other people." SO simple! http://t.co/y0D… 1 week ago
- RT @AJConsiderThis: "I'm still pretty awed by the fact that we built a house" -@TINYtheMovie's @MereteMueller. Q&A: alj.am/1aWCHxf 1 week ago
- RT @AJConsiderThis: #TinyHouse construction gets feature-length treatment. Check out this Q&A with the duo behind @TINYtheMovie: http://t.c… 1 week ago
- The Mueller family loves @ritualchocolate instagram.com/p/hRtb_3Cc3Q/ 1 week ago
- Thanks @matthewferner for great intvw on our #tinyhouse, @TINYtheMovie documentary & living small on @HuffingtonPost: huff.to/1en974s 2 weeks ago
- @AMoraTV looking forward to our interview re @TINYtheMovie on @AJConsiderThis tonight! Ask us how #tinyhouses apply to families. :) 2 weeks ago
- RT @HermelaTV: Tonight, @AMoraTV talks to the filmmakers of @TINYtheMovie alj.am/1iC2DRK Questions? @AJConsiderThis 2 weeks ago